Join the UK-German Youth Council 2021-22
The Youth Council is a consultation forum of young people from across the UK and Germany, who meet on a regular basis to develop ideas to bring young people from the two countries closer together.
The Youth Council is designed to represent a wide cross-section of society of both countries, with differing backgrounds, interests and experiences. German language skills are not a requirement.
The purpose and aims of the Youth Council are:
- to co-design UK-German youth activities, which support UK-German Connection’s strategic planning and feed in to stakeholder discussions;
- to generate new ideas for future programmes, including opportunities for digital engagement;
- to discuss and share insights about the situation in each country (e.g. school life, societal updates, topical issues);
- to act as a sounding board for UK-German Connection’s programme ideas, providing feedback and the ‘youth perspective’;
- to be Ambassadors for UK-German Connection, with the opportunity to take on new responsibilities outside of the role (e.g. mentoring future participants, acting as Young Leaders).
As a member of the UK-German Youth Council, you would:
- take part in regular virtual meetings, roughly every 6 weeks. Meetings take place on a Wednesday at 4:30pm (17:30 German time), and last around 1.5 hours. At least one meeting per year will be held face-to-face, if circumstances allow.
- be a member of the Youth Council for at least 12 months, and be expected to attend all meetings during this period;
- communicate actively with other Youth Council members and UK-German Connection staff before, during & after meetings;
- complete preparation work in advance of meetings. The preparation will be a time commitment of around 1 hour per meeting.
Find out more and apply below: