Become a Green Leader with Groundwork
Groundwork’s Green Leaders programme provides free mentoring to help young people design their own community projects. Individuals with a passion for the environment can learn the skills needed to inspire others to take action to protect their local green spaces.
Young people be supported to design, create and start their own campaigns, events or action groups to improve their local green spaces. Whether creating nature guides, rewilding a patch of unwanted space, or planting trees to combat pollution – Green Leaders make change happen.
What’s in it for you?
- Training: Take part in three online training sessions; covering topics such as leadership skills, project design and media training.
- Mentoring: local Groundwork staff will support you to test your ideas and take practical action in your community.
- Making a difference: Work in a group or individually to launch your community project.
- Funding: Access to a social action grant of £100 to kick start your project.
- CV Boosting: After six weeks of training and volunteering with Groundwork, you will receive a Groundwork Youth Award.